Saturday, December 25, 2004

More prominent than a punk band

The thing I like best about web statistics is looking at the search terms that have brought visitors to my site. When I wrote the article Calamity Jones, I did not know there was a punk band by the same name. There is also a quarter horse stallion who has sired numerous other little Calamitys. Which of these it is that brings all those visitors to my blog I do not know. I just hope they aren't too disappointed. At present my website seems to be number one for the phrase Calamity Jones which is fine by me, but those punk rockers may not be so happy.

When someone typed 'can shrews come into your house' into Ask Jeeves, they probably didn't have in mind a shrew entering the house in a cat's mouth (see- There Was a Murder in my Kitchen Last Night). But just in case that person ever comes back, the answer is Yes. Shrews do come into the house. There are of course pro's and con's of this. The real big con is that they smell skunky. The good thing about them is that they are good little fly catchers. I once watched one in our loft. It was on the window sill jumping up and catching the many flys that get in there in summer. It was most welcome to carry on feasting off those less welcome visitors.

No comments: