This message just in from the Green Party of Canada:
Top 10 Reasons to Vote Green on Monday
- I want to feel good about my vote. I want to vote for someone, not against someone.
- The Green Party has the best platform. The Green Party platform has earned positive reviews in the media, has done well under analysis by non-partisan organizations.
- My great grandchildren will be proud of me. I want them to have a sustainable future, a green economy, and better democracy.
- I want my vote to have an impact on the legislative agenda of the next parliament. MPs will spend the next session trying to look good for the next election, so they will be looking at who they lost votes to. Vote Green and Green priorities will set the agenda.
- People are saying good things about the Green Party.
- I am nobody's fool. I refuse to let Martin, Harper, Layton or Duceppe think he can scare me into "strategically" voting for him just for not being the worst among them.
- Green Parties around the world get elected, govern countries, and make the world a better place.
- Whoever I vote for will get $ 1.75 in public funding, per vote, per year. I feel good about the Green Party putting it to good use defending my values.
- I am socially progressive, fiscally responsible, and committed to environmental sustainability - just like the Green Party.
- One hundred and thirty nine years of Liberal and Conservative governments. Albert Einstein said it best: "The significant problems of our time are not going to be solved by the same level of thinking that got us into them."
To see this list and more with background information visit 'reasons to vote green'.
tags: green party, Election, Canada